Career Opportunities at Light and Wonder for Recruiter Role. Any Graduate, MBA candidates can apply for these post.
Table of Contents
Complete details are given below:-
- Company – Light & Wonder
- Roles – Recruiter
- Qualifications – Any Graduate, MBA
- Location – Bangalore
- Work Experience – 0-3 Years
- Salary – 3 LPA – 5 LPA
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The company traces its history to Autotote, a manufacturer of totalizator systems for parimutuel wagering at racetracks. The history of Autotote dates to 1917, when George Julius founded Automatic Totalisators Limited in Australia to build the totalizator system he had invented.
Automatic Totalisators opened its U.S. office in New York City in 1953, and then moved it to Wilmington, Delaware in 1956. It moved again to Newark, Delaware in 1972. In 1978, the U.S. division was renamed as Autotote Ltd., to reflect its diversification into businesses other than totalizators, such as lottery systems, off-track betting, and slot machine accounting.
In 1979, Autotote Ltd. was acquired for $17 million by a group led by Thomas H. Lee Co.
In 1989, United Tote, another leading totalizator company, purchased Autotote for $85 million. Before the companies’ operations could be integrated, the merger was challenged by federal antitrust regulators. A 1991 court ruling forced the company to split back up. The former United Tote assets were sold back to that company’s founders, the Shelhamer family, and what remained of the company was renamed as Autotote Corporation, now a publicly traded company.
In 2000, Autotote bought Scientific Games Holdings Corp., a maker of instant lottery equipment, for $308 million. Scientific Games was founded in 1973, and introduced the first secure instant lottery ticket in 1974. The combined company changed its name from Autotote to Scientific Games Corporation in 2001.
By 2002, two-thirds of the $20 billion wagered annually on racing in North America was tracked by Autotote computers. Autotote supplied parimutuel wagering systems worldwide. These were automated, computerized off-track and on-track systems for betting on horse races and greyhound racing. It was an integrated system for off-track betting, keeping track of race results and winning tickets, and race simulcasting. The security of Autotote software for the racing industry garnered media attention in 2002 when one of their software developers attempted to steal $3 million through a hole in their software and processes described as “an example of a very simple exploitation of a rather stupid design flaw.”
The role of Autotote’s software in the 2002 Breeders’ Cup betting scandal caused the National Thoroughbred Racing Association to take swift action in the face of a growing outcry once the nature of the scam emerged. It required all tote companies to modify their software to transmit betting information immediately after the bet has closed. It also pressured its member tracks into not doing business with parlors that did not have the ability to record wagers taken over the phone.
In 2007, the New York Times credited Scientific Games and Gtech for transforming what was known “historically [as] an underground operation run by mobsters” into “a lucrative, state-sponsored corporate enterprise.” The Autotote racing division was sold to Sportech in 2010.
In March 2017, Scientific Games acquired rights to use the James Bond franchise through a deal with Eon Productions and MGM Interactive.
SG launched its social gaming division, SciPlay, as a publicly traded company in 2019, selling a minority share in the business through an initial public offering.
In 2020, SG began a strategic review with the aim of deleveraging its balance sheet, as it struggled under $9.2 billion of debt. The company ultimately decided to sell its lottery and sports betting businesses, to focus on its casino gaming business. In 2021, SG agreed to sell its sports betting division to Endeavor Group Holdings for $1.2 billion, and to sell its lottery division to Brookfield Business Partners for $6.1 billion. As the divested lottery business took the Scientific Games name, the company announced in March 2022 that it would rebrand as Light & Wonder.
|ALSO APPLY FOR|
Phone Pe – Financial Analyst – VIEW & APPLY
JLL – Payable – VIEW & APPLY
Smiths Detection – Financial Planning & Analyst ,Global Service – VIEW & APPLY
Adidas – DATA SCIENTIST – VIEW & APPLY
Job Responsibility for Recruiter Role
- Develop recruitment strategies: Recruiters must develop recruitment strategies that meet the needs of the company. They may create job postings, job descriptions, and advertising campaigns to attract the right candidates.
- Source candidates: Recruiters must actively source candidates through various channels, including social media, job boards, referrals, and networking events. They may also use databases and applicant tracking systems to identify potential candidates.
- Screen candidates: Recruiters must review resumes, cover letters, and other application materials to determine if candidates meet the requirements of the job. They may conduct phone screenings or in-person interviews to further evaluate candidates.
- Manage the hiring process: Recruiters must work closely with hiring managers to ensure that the hiring process runs smoothly. They may schedule interviews, coordinate communication with candidates, and provide feedback to hiring managers.
- Provide excellent candidate experience: Recruiters must provide an excellent candidate experience throughout the hiring process. This includes providing timely and clear communication, being responsive to candidates’ questions and concerns, and ensuring that candidates have a positive experience with the company.
- Maintain accurate records: Recruiters must maintain accurate records of all recruitment activities, including candidate information, interview notes, and hiring decisions. They may also be responsible for managing job postings and applicant tracking systems.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends: Recruiters must stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in recruitment. They may attend industry events, read industry publications, and participate in professional development activities to stay informed.
Skills required for Recruiter Role
- Communication skills: Recruiters need to have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. They must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with candidates, hiring managers, and other stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills: Recruiters must be able to build and maintain positive relationships with candidates and hiring managers. They need to be approachable, empathetic, and able to connect with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Organizational skills: Recruiters must be highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. They need to be able to prioritize their workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Problem-solving skills: Recruiters need to be able to identify and solve problems quickly and effectively. They must be able to anticipate and address issues that may arise during the recruitment process.
- Sales skills: Recruiters need to have strong sales skills and be able to “sell” the company and the job to potential candidates. They must be persuasive and able to overcome objections and resistance.
- Technology skills: Recruiters must be comfortable working with technology and using a variety of tools and platforms, such as applicant tracking systems, social media, and online job boards.
- Attention to detail: Recruiters must be highly detail-oriented and able to ensure that all recruitment activities are accurate, thorough, and compliant with legal and ethical standards.
- Cultural awareness: Recruiters need to be aware of and sensitive to cultural differences and diversity issues. They must be able to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for candidates from all backgrounds.
|Get hired with confidence with our E-Book|
How to Ace Any Job Interview -Rs 99 – BUY NOW
Your Basic Guide to Acing Any Job Interview – Rs 59 – BUY NOW
RESUME SAMPLE TAMPLATES – RS99 – BUY NOW
The ultimate Resume guide -RS 99 – BUY NOW
HOW TO APPLY FOR LIGHT & WONDER RECRUITMENT 2023 ?
To apply for the LIGHT & WONDER 2023 interested candidates must follow the procedure outlined below:
- Click on the “Apply here” button provided below. You will be redirected to the company official career page.
- Click on “Apply Online”.
- If you have not registered before, create an account.
- After registration, login and fill in the application form with all the necessary details.
- Submit all relevant documents, if requested (e.g. resume, mark sheet, ID proof).
- Provide accurate information in your application.
- Verify that all the details entered are correct.
- Submit the application process after verification.
Interested Candidates Can Apply Through The Below Link
Recruiter Role – Bangalore
Light & Wonder Recruitment 2023 – Frequently Asked Question ?
What is the Light & Wonder selection process?
The selection process will be based on a Written test followed by Technical and HR interviews.
What is the Light & Wonder salary for freshers?
The average of 3 LPA – 5 LPA is based on the reports of Glassdoor and Ambition Box.
The Recruitment Information Provided above is for Informational Purposes only . The above Recruitment Information has been taken from the official site of the Organization. We do not provide any Recruitment guarantee. Recruitment is to be done as per the official recruitment process of the company. We don’t charge any fee for providing this job Information.